- design according to your site specific conditions
- pilot-scale tests at your site
- manufacturing, delivery, installation, maintenance & air emission monitoring
- supply of biobed (biofilter filling + biopreparate) to existing biofilters
- reconstruction of non-functioning biofilters
Typically, biofilters are wide used in the following industries or sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Biomass and bio-gas purification
- Rendering and animal breeding
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment & Waste Solid Treatment plants
- Municipal Waste Water Treatment & Waste Solid Treatment plants
- Paint & Coating
- Fiberglass production and plastic manufacturing
- Paper & Printing
- Pharmaceutical and cosmetic
Biofiltration is economically more advantageous compared to the physical-chemical and chemical processes at the same efficiency. Unlike conventional technologies such as thermal and catalytic incineration, scrubbing or carbon adsorption, bio filtration is:
- efficient (with full degradation of the contaminants)
- environmental friendly & safe (transforming pollutants into harmless products, waste-free and no combustion sources)
- cost-effective (low Capex and Opex)
How does work biofiltration?
Biofiltration is a biotechnology that uses specific bacteria embedded in a biofilter bed to treat a contaminated gas-off. The pollutants are adsorbed into the bed and subsequently degraded by the microorganisms mainly to CO2, H2O, inorganic salts and biomass. Any oxides of nitrogen (NOx), particulate matter, sulfur dioxide (SO2), and carbon monoxide (CO) are generated. Biofilters are suitable to treat off-gas contaminated with VOCs (volatile organic compounds), undesired odours and some inorganic pollutants:
- aromatic hydrocarbons (BTEX, styrene, etc)
- alcohols (methanol, ethanol, etc.)
- organic acids
- hydrogen sulfide
- and other substances
Why our Clients choose us?
Dekonta is an international supplier of bio-treatment systems throughout Europe, suppling dozens of systems. Among our clients are medium-size to multinational companies in a variety of industrial sectors.
Since 1992, we have adopted a policy of continuous development. Our R&D department has filed more than 50 patents, leading to many innovations in the field of the waste air treatment. We are able to treat complex waste gas mixtures even in the presence of particulate matter. In addition, thanks to our mesophilic, thermotolerant and thermophilic bacteria, we can process waste gas streams with temperatures up to 75° C. This means:
- No need of a cooling system
with an important saving on investment and operating costs (energy consumption).
Thanks to this innovative concept, Dekonta offers a more competitive and unique portfolio for your waste gas treatment. Our technology won a seal of excellence from the European Commission.
- DEKONTAM-AIR (SZÚ decision No. CHŽP-35-143 / 99 (1016) Ex: 191555 of 20.10.1999),
- HUMIN-AIR (decision of SZÚ No. CHŽP-35-309 / 03 (101) Ex: 3020635 of 24.6.2003).