Converting hazardous waste to non-toxic product. Sludge, pasty or watery material to solid product.
Stabilization / solidification (S/S) is a treatment method based on mixing contaminated soil, sludge, sediment and similar waste streams with suitable additives. As new physical-chemical bonds are created in treated material contamination cannot be washed out of the stabilized waste hence it does not represent risk for the environment anymore.
The method is also used for reprocessing of sludge, slurry and other pasty or watery materials to solid products by mixing them with solidifying additives.
The most common additives are cement, lime, fly ash, bentonite, kiln dust, sulfur cement, thermoplastic polymers etc.
A certain period of time is necessary for maturation of the material treated by S/S to achieve desired properties of the final product.
Containerized S/S plant consists of the following main parts:
- Two feeder bins with vibrating scalping screen (1a, 1b)
- Two screw feeders (2a, 2b) for controlled dosing of treated material to a continuous mixer
- Continuous mixer - horizontal, double-screw, pug-mill homogenizer (3)
- Steel supporting frame (4)
Continuous mixer is used for blending treated waste with additives to produce stabilized product. Different kinds of liners and coatings are available for various applications.
Two feeder bins are available for two various kinds of treated waste. Bin walls are constructed to prevent material bridging. Large rocks, metal scrap and other impurities are removed from treated waste by a vibrating scalping screen.
The quantity of material fed to the mixer is controlled by two screw feeders.
- Capacity: ranging from 1 to 50 tons of treated waste
- Plants with capacity up to 20 t/h: 20" container (2,4 x 6,0 x 2,6 m)
- Plants with the capacity 20 -50 t/h: 40" container (2,4 x 12,0 x 2,6 m)
- Electric input power: 0,5-30 kW (depending on the designed capacity)
Client support services
- Laboratory testing (suitable additives determination, physical-chemical analyses of treated material)
- Pilot-scale verification
- Designing and permitting
- Renting of S/S plants
- Installation and start-up operation of S/S plant
- Staff training